EPFO has provided a portal for the employee as well as the employer. The employee portal can help you in checking the passbook, withdrawing EPF or even transferring EPF whereas, the employer portal is of a lot of use for the employer. The employer can download the employee data, generate UAN and even make payments of EPF in the employee account with help of the EPFO UAN Employer Portal.
Here are more details about the employer portal of EPFO.
Online Payment of EPF
As mentioned earlier, the employer can use the online payment gateway to make the payment of the employee EPF. The HR can simply generate the TRRN along with the challan and make the payment of the EPF.
The employer can simply go to Electronic Challan Cum Return Filing System (ECR) and use the registered Login ID and Password to login to the portal and avail all the services.
Process of Making Online Payment of Employee Provident Fund
Below the process of making Online Payment of EPF
- The first step of the process is to visit the ECR Portal. If you are an employer and if you wish to access the ECR portal, then you can simply click on the link mentioned below.
- You can now login to the employer portal and navigate to the Payment tab. In the payment tab, click on Download Previous Month ECR.
- In the next step, click on Generate Temporary Return Reference Number or Generate TRRN.
- Now, you to simply select the bank and enter the TRRN. Once you enter the TRRN, you will be able to make a payment.
- You can also download the payment report by navigating to Report Section of the portal.
UAN Employer Registration
All the employers need to register their establishment or the company with EPFO so that they can make the provident fund contribution on behalf of the employee. The process has now been simplified and it is possible for the employer to make a monthly contribution with help of the online portal.
Processof UAN Employer Registration
To register yourself as an employer, you need to fill in a form and submit some of the documents. The process has been made really easy as compared to what it was before. Follow the steps mentioned below to register yourself on UAN Portal as an employer.
- To begin the registration process, visit the EPFO Employer Portal. You can access the web by clicking on the link mentioned below.
- Once the page is displayed, scroll down and go to the section for Important Link. Under the tab, you will notice that there is a link for ‘Application for Employer Registration’. Click on the link.
- You will now be taken to a new page, read the instruction manual, check the instruction manual page and click on register button. A form will now be displayed
- You would now need to fill in the form and provide with OTP you receive on your mobile to complete the registration.
- Once you complete the registration, you will receive a login ID and password on your mobile which can be used to login to the portal.
This was the process to create an Employer Profile on EPFO and Making the payment of EPF. It should be noted that the employer must make the payment of EPF before the 15th of every month and if in case you face any issue then you must contact the EPFO helpdesk. They will help you in resolving the issues and queries regarding EPF.