The members of EPF or Employee Provident Fund would now be able to access the details of EPFO online in just couple of basic steps. This service by the EPFO is a lifeline for various members who have no clue how to get to their EPF records and make decisions on them accordingly. The facility of Online EPF given by the Indian Government offers the members a lifesaving facility of checking their PF Balance and download their EPF passbook and other related characteristics.
Components required to track the claim status
- Components required to track the claim status
- How can you check the PF claim status on EPFO’s official website?
- How can you check your PF claim on member portal?
- How can you check the status of your EPF claim through Mobile Apps?
If you want to track the status of your claim, you need your PF account details, and details of your employer such as Regional office, establishment or company code and if applicable the extension code as well.
Advantages of using online EPF claim feature
EPF Claim status can be tracked online and it comes with the following advantages:
- The members can easily check the status of their claim online and don’t need to make further visits to the EPFO.
- In case your EPF UAN is activated you can even check your balance of PF and accordingly decide whether you want to make a withdraw claim or transfer claim.
- This is a very convenient and easy process and just a matter of few click.
- The status of the claim gets updated dynamically so you won’t need to wait as you can expect instant action.
How can you check the PF claim status on EPFO’s official website?
The members can now very easily check their claim status of EPF online. It is a matter of few steps these days. Members who have already submitted their claim at the EPFO office can make use of this service to find out the status of their claim in dynamic environment. As mentioned the members must only know their PF account number in order to access this facility. The steps are mentioned as under:
- Go to the official EPFO website. http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php
- Find “For Employees” beneath the section “Our Services” on the homepage.
- Find “Services” and hit on “Know Your Claim Status”.
- You will be redirected to a page where you can hit on “Click Here for Knowing the Claim Status”
- A new webpage will open up with an individual field where you can choose the PF office state.
- In the subsequent webpage, a list of EPFO offices of that selected city will be displayed.
- Choose the PF office from the drop down menu where your claim has to be settled.
- After choosing the relevant office, the remaining fields such as the Office and region Code will get automatically get populated with the applicable details.
- Then, you would need to enter your employer’s establishment code in the box given. The establishment code 7 digits long at the max.
- Also in case there is an extension or maybe a sub-code for your establishment code, you must enter the same in the subsequent box given and can leave it blank in case it is not there.
- Now you must enter in your 7 Digit PF account number in the box given.
- Verify all the details and then “submit”
- You would now be able to check your EPF Claim Status.
How can you check your PF claim on member portal?
In case a member switches his job, he would need to either request for a withdrawal of his PF corpus or transfer of the same. In this case the members can visit the UAN member’s portal and find out the status of their claim. They would need to fill in their UAN, document ID, and registered contact number. Then they can login to their account and check the transfer status.
Once the member has requested for a claim of withdrawal or transfer, they can go back and find out the status of their claim on the member portal as well. Below mentioned are the steps for the same:
- Go to the member portal of EPFO.
- Find “our services” label and select “for employees”.
- Click “services” label.
- Choose “know your claim status” label.
- The members will now be redirected to the link of claim status.
- Punch in your PF office state on the link of claim status.
- Select the PF office where your account exists from the number of PF offices displayed.
- Punch in the establishment code and the PF account number.
- Hit “submit” now and find out the claim status of PF.
How can you check the status of your EPF claim through Mobile Apps?
You can now track the status of your EPF Claims with the help of Mobile apps.
1. UMANG App
The UMANG app or the Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance app came out in the year November 2017 in order to create a portal where people would be able to access all the facilities as are furnished by the Government of India. A number of other additional government developed programs like Digilocker and Aadhaar are also linked with the UMANG app. This is a very dynamic app and it offers more than 180 government services to the members.
One such services that are offered by the government is the access to the information of the member’s PF account. This facility is given to both employees and employers. On the UMANG app you will find a label with the name of EPFO where in the members can request for EPF withdrawal claims and can also check the status of those claims on the go. The only pre-requisite being the Aadhaar card integrated with this app, and the activated UAN. The steps to check the status of EPF claim on this mobile app is as under:
- Download the UMANG app from Google Play Store and open the label named EPFO
- Choose the option named “Employee Centric Services”
- Select the option of “Track Claim”
- Punch in your UAN credentials and passkey
- Fill in your reference number as provided while filing the claim
- You would now be able to check the status of your EPF Claim.
2. The M SEWA App
Another app as designed by EPFO is the M SEWA App which is designed for the employees. This can also be downloaded from the App store or Play Store and you can easily find out the status of your claim by filling in your details. This app, however, is under maintenance due to a number of bugs found. You would also be able to access your PF passbook.
SMS alerts regarding PF claim
You can even have the access to your EPF Claim through the SMS notifications. This is a feature available for members who have their contact numbers registered with the EPF and UAN. They can check the PF balance with the help of missed call or SMS. In the event of your PF number connected with your mobile number, you can easily utilize the SMS service to find out the status of your pension, withdrawal, transfer claim and also if the same has been approved or not. The SMS alert is initiated in case:
- The form of the claim is received by EPFO.
- And when the claim is approved and the corpus is transferred to the member’s bank account.
How to Check EPF Claim Status Online
How to Check EPF Claim Status Online
The members can now very easily check their claim status of EPF online. It is a matter of few steps these days. Members who have already submitted their claim at the EPFO office can make use of this service to find out the status of their claim in dynamic environment.