EPFO has now made the process of transfers and PF withdrawals quite easy. The aim of EPFO is to provide for the future needs of the employees and their families after the retirement or death. The newly launched portal by EPFO is the EPFO Member portal which can help you access all the services and information you need for your PF account. The link for the member portal is http://members.epfoservices.in and you need to login into this portal to check your online EPF passbook. The advantages of this member portal are as under:
UAN Login EPFO Member Portal Login Services List Login Guides
- UAN Login EPFO Member Portal Login Services List Login Guides
- How can you login to the EPFO member portal?
- UAN Member portal
- UAN Activation
- How to activate the UAN at the Unified Portal?
- How to check the UAN Status?
- Check PF Balance
- M-sewa App
- UMANG App
- PF withdrawal process
- UAN Passbook
- You can check the EPF Balance:The employees can now check their PF balance via Member Portal.
- You can check and update your EPF Passbook:The employees can easily download and save their EPFO Passbook via Member Portal. All the transactions in their PF Account and all other details are easily available on the EPFO Member Portal.
- You can check the status of your claim:One can now check the claim Status with the help of their credentials. Just log on to the member portal and find the status of their full or partial withdrawal or transfer of past PF to a new account.
- Highly helpful for withdrawal and transfer of PF: It is now very convenient to withdraw the PF money using the member portal if the employee is registered. In this case neither do they need to go to the employer or the PF office to withdraw the money. Likewise it is easy to transfer the money from the past employer to the new one. Only the UAN details are to be shared with the new employer and the new PF account will be added to the existing UAN.
How can you login to the EPFO member portal?
In order to log into the EPFO Member Portal, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of EPFO and fill in the main page to register yourself.
- Make sure your document type is entered correctly as you will need to use this as EPFO login and get into the portal. For Example, if you choose to register yourself into the portal with the help of your PAN Card, choose PAN Number from ‘Select Any One Document’ and enter your correct PAN Card number.
- Check the details carefully before submission and then you will receive your PIN number.
- Enter the authorization PIN then, following which, you will be registered and your EPFO member login would be created.
UAN Member portal
Employee Provident Fund Organization is now going digital with the introduction of UAN. This unique Universal Account Number brings along with it a number of facilities for the members and the employers. After the employee has created the UAN Portal Login he can check his passbook, link all his PF accounts and can even transfer or withdraw the funds. This can be done without any interference from the past employer. This is also called as EPFO Login, EPFO Member login, UAN member login, UAN member portal login. You can reach out to it with the help of the link mentioned below:
Apart from the EPFO Portal, one can also make use of the UAN member portal. This UAN is a 12-digit number which enables the employees to connect all their PF accounts across various companies they have worked and use them all under one single roof, which is, the member portal of UAN. On the Unified Member portal, the employee who is also a member of the EPF can update his KYC information, his record of jobs, and UAN Card and much more. The withdrawal and transfer of PF has now become convenient and quick with the help of this UAN Member Portal.
Initially, the members need to register themselves on the UAN Member Portal and then log in to the same to access the details. UAN member portal is particularly helpful and useful not only to the employees but also to the employers. With the UAN it has now become very easy to change the jobs and also get the money withdrawn or transferred from the old employer to the new employer without any interference from anyone. This is actually a relief to the employee as the employer has already authenticated the information and then posted it online as a KYC. This is the reason why an approval is not required from the employer.
The employee can get the benefit of the UAN services of EPFO on the link – https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in/
The various services which available for the employees on this portal are listed as under:
For employees –
- UAN Services
- Correct and updated information on the various PF accounts of the employee
- Alerts on credits and debits to the PF account
- EPF Account number portability
- Claim settlement without intermediation of the employer.
- SMS and Missed call facility
- Accessibility to the PF passbook
- Download the UAN Card
- UAN Member E-Sewa
- EPF App to keep a track of EPF Account of the members.
- Online applications of EPFO services.
Documents needed to generate UAN
To generate UAN, you would be required to upload any of the below mentioned KYC documents along with the bank details.
- Bank details – account number, IFSC code, branch name.
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Ration card
- Driver’s license
- ESIC card
The UAN is allotted by the EPFO and shared by the company to the member. Any employee who has a valid PF account can register for UAN. And it is now mandatory as well from the Government. It gives a clarity on the transfers, contributions, refunds, and withdrawals. The steps to register a UAN are as under:
- Log on to the EPFO’s official website.
- Enter the state and other details such as PF number and the establishment code. You can easily find the PF number in your pay slip. In case it is not there, please get in touch with the HR.
- Click the Check status button wherein a status page will pop up on the screen and the message will be displayed if the UAN is allotted
- After obtaining your UAN, you can now take a print of the same and give it to your employer so that they can initiate the fund transfer to your new Provident Fund account.
The next step after UAN Number registration is the Login. For logging in, visit the official website of EPFO. You can use your registered contact number to retrieve the credentials in case you have forgotten your Password and UAN. On the member portal of EPFO, you would be able to access your account and all the details such as UAN, PAN Card, Aadhaar card etc.
Steps of UAN Login after activation:
After the completion and activation of UAN Login on the UAN Portal, employee can now Login on the UAN portal. The UAN acts as user id and the password is same that you entered at the time of UAN activation.
Procedure for UAN Activation through PF number:
The employer can activate the UAN member login through the PF number. Below is the procedure of the same.
- Employers visit the official website https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Enter the required details and the documents for example PF Number, State, Region, and PF Office.
- Then they can “Activate” UAN Status through the PF Number of the employee.
Procedure for UAN Activation through Mobile number:
The employer can activate the UAN through the Mobile number. Below is the procedure of the same.
- Employer fill in the details such as birth date, name of the member, password and then they confirm the password.
- The employee then receives the PIN number on their registered mobile Number.
- Eventually, they verify the PIN and the UAN Activation process is done.
Benefits of UAN Activation
UAN has made the employees independent and they no longer need the involvement of the employer to transfer or withdraw the PF. Because of this UAN it is very easy now to transfer the PF from one PF account to the other. Once the UAN Number activation is done, the members can avail the facilities listed as under.
- Regular updation of UAN Passbook.
- You can download and print the UAN Card.
- Check PF status.
- KYC details addition or correction.
- Checking the transfer claim file.
- Registering the member ID with UAN.
- Track your withdrawal claim request.
- Easy transfer of PF from one account to the other
- Easy and online PF withdrawal without any intervention from the employee.
- Check the PF balance through SMS alerts.
Therefore it is considered highly imperative to EPF UAN activation in place these days.
How to activate the UAN at the Unified Portal?
After generating the UAN, it is important to activate the same. Below mentioned is the process of activation of UAN.
- Visit the Official website of the EPFO Unified portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
- Select UAN Activation Link and then press Submit.
- Enter the details in the Login form and fill in the required details.
- Universal Account Number
- EPF Member ID
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- The EPF number serves as member ID so do not get confused.
- You can activate the UAN member portal login either through UAN number or PF number on Unified UAN portal
- Also only Aadhaar and Pan Card facilitate the activating of UAN. Therefore only these two documents should be provided to the new employer for EPF and UAN generation.
- Enter your full name, Birth date, mobile number and the email id.
- If your mobile number is present and confirmed in the EPFO portal, you can easily retrieve the password. Click on Forgot Password and follow the instructions.
- Enter the Captcha code and then submit your application form.
- Next step is of mobile number authorization for which you will get a PIN on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the PIN you received and then submit the application form
- Details such as Name, birth date, mobile number and the employer details will automatically display on the screen which you will need to verify and create a password. This password must be Alphanumeric along with 1 special character and should be 8-25 characters long.
- Last step is to enter the email id and submit your form.
- After the completion of this process, you will receive a SMS notifying successful UAN registration online and activation thereof on the Unified portal.
How to activate the UAN on the EPF portal?
The UAN is written in the salary slip. You can easily activate the UAN from the EPF portal. Follow the steps below for the UAN Number activation process:
- Visit the official website of EPFO at epfindia.gov.in
- Go to Our Service then click Employees and then click UAN activation.
- At the right corner of the screen, select the EPFO-UAN service.
- You may download the user manual if required from the link but it is optional.
- Click on the UAN member portal.
- Select “Activate your UAN” and click on the checkbox
- Enter the information in the compulsory fields for the activation of UAN.
- Fill in the UAN as allocated to you and along with your mobile number
- Then you are required to select your state and the office.
- Fill in the establishment code and EPF number or Aadhaar Or PAN card or UAN (You may enter any one of these)
- After this you are required to enter the character or Captcha displayed in the box and then you must click on the Authorize
- You will now get a PIN on your registered mobile number.
- Click on the checkbox and enter the PIN as you have received.
- Enter submit
- You will be now redirected to a new page.
- The name of the employee will be shown on the screen, cross check the spellings once.
- Fill in the required details and then create a username and password.
- Enter details such as name of the father, birth date etc.
- Click on create and then enter the password once.
- Enter the same password again for confirmation.
- Now enter your email address and click submit.
- The SMS of UAN registration will now be received on the registered mobile number
Once you have activated your UAN account, you must return and log in the UAN again by putting in the username and password.
Why should you check the EPF UAN Status?
The members of EPFO can now check their EPF UAN Status online which is provided by the EPFO. All you need to do is select your state and provide your EPFO account number in order to check your UAN status.
How to check the UAN Status?
You can now check UAN status with the help of PF number but in case you don’t remember it, you won’t be able to check your status. To check the status of UAN, you must follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the member portal of EPFO.
- Below the Login form you will see the options of checking UAN status.
- Select UAN Status
- Choose your state and PF office
- Fill in your PF number as well as the establishment code
- Hit the check status button
- You will immediately see your UAN status. If your UAN is activated you can directly contact your employer and share screenshot of the same.
Check PF Balance
The PF Balance check methods are given as under:
- SMS – If your UAN is connected KYC linked, you only need to send the below mentioned message to 773 829 9899.
The format of the message is – Type EPFPHO <UAN> ENG
Please note ENG means English. These are the first three alphabets of your preferred language. Therefore in case, you want to receive the update in Hindi you must type HIN. The complete message would be EPFPHO <UAN> HIN. The language facility is offered in Hindi, English, Punjabi, Marathi, Gujarati, Telegu, Malayalam, Kannada and Bengali.
- Missed call service – In case your UAN (Universal Account Number) is KYC linked, you need to give a missed call to the number – 011-22901406 – from your registered mobile number. You will now receive a text message with all your PF details.
- EPF portal – To check the EPF balance through the EPF Portal, make sure that your UAN is activated. If it is not activated, you can take the help of your employer for the same. Follow the below mentioned steps in case you have your UAN Activated:
- Visit the EPFO portal –http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/For_Employees.php?id=sm2_index
- Go to “Our Services” and Choose “For Employees”
- Find the “Services” tab and hit “Member Passbook”
- You now need to log in and access your PF account using your credentials.
- You can also download and save the passbook for future reference.
- EPF mobile app – There are number of Mobile applications which you can use to check your PF balance. But again the only condition being the activated UAN. The two majorly used Apps for the same are:
- M-Sewa App
- Umang App
- Download this Applications from Google Play Store as it is still unavailable on iOS.
- After you have downloaded this app click on “Member” and then “Balance/Passbook”
- Fill in your UAN details and the registered contact details.
- The details will automatically be verified against the UAN. In case they do not match, the members will get an error message and in case they match, the members can check their up to date Balance of PF.
It is noteworthy that this App is recently launched and acts like an umbrella for all the services offered by the government such as Gas booking, Aadhaar card, EPF, NPS and Crop Insurance. To download and set up UMANG app, you can also follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of EPFO and click on the link for UMANG app download https://web.umang.gov.in
- You need to enable your location, data, calls and SMS service to proceed.
- You can now “download app”.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number which you need to enter.
- Also additionally, answer two security questions.
- Next step is to link your Aadhaar card.
- Once it is done your KYC details will then be automatically integrated into the app.
- You can now, check your PF balance as well as carry out various other EPF processes through this UMANG app.
How to check your PF Balance through the UMANG App?
- On the UMANG app homepage you need to click on the “EPFO” option.
- Select the ‘Employee Centric Services’ option.
- Feed in your UAN.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number which you need to enter.
- In the EPFO section, click on “view passbook”.
- The UMANG app will now display your PF account balance.
- Official website of EPF – The members don’t need to visit their regional EPF Office. The EPF balance check process online is easy on the official website of EPF on the website – http://www.epfindia.gov.in/
- Enter the details of your account’s PF office.
- Enter other details such as full name, verified contact number and the PF number. You can easily find the PF number in your salary slip, if it is not there you can contact your HR department for the same.
- Once all the details are filled, click on “Submit”
- You will now receive your PF balance through SMS on your registered contact number.
- You can also download your PF passbook by clicking on the link “download EPF passbook”.
- UAN – You can now check the PF balance using your Universal Account number as well. It is because all the PF accounts held by one individual can now be managed under one entity i.e., UAN. The members no longer need the attestation or the verification of their past employers to make PF withdrawals or transfers and hence are quite relieved. UAN is by far the most reliable methods for EPF balance Enquiry. The below mentioned steps can be used to check the PF balance:
- Log in on the EPF portal using credentials
- Click on “Activate your Login” and then tick on the check box “I have understood the instructions”
- Punch in the UAN allotted and then the authenticated mobile number.
- Enter the regional PF office code and captcha characters in the box
- Click “Submit”
- You will now receive a SMS containing your PF balance on your registered contact number.
- You can also download your PF passbook by clicking on “download EPF passbook”.
- Member Portal – You would firstly need to register yourself in the member portal and enter the details as asked.
- To download the passbook from the member portal, punch in your PF number. You don’t need any password to login as you can easily login using the contact number and the KYC details.
- You will not receive an OTP on your registered contact number after which you can easily download the passbook. The passbook will be downloaded using the PF number and the OTP is sent for verification purpose.
- Please note – The passbook will show the contributions done by both – the employer and the employee but only for the last 7 months. Along with it, it will also show the total accumulated amount in the account.
- UAN portal – To find the EPF balance on the UAN portal go to the official website of UAN portal – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Enter in the 12-digit UAN number on the right hand side of the page along with the password and Captcha code.
- Click on “download passbook” on the homepage.
- A page will now open which shall show the PF balance in the account. The passbook will also display the contributions made by both – the employer and the employee along with the total accumulated amount in the account.
How can you update your mobile number in UAN and EPF Records?
The UAN mobile number registration or changing the mobile number registered in the records of EPF is now possible. This is done through the EPFO for the convenience of the members. There are three ways to update the records in the EPF. They are:
- Through the Unified portal of UAN.
- Through UAN Helpdesk
- Through OTCP
- The following is the procedure to change the mobile number in the UAN, through the Unified portal of UAN, in case you don’t remember your password and change your mobile number is as under:
- Visit the official website of Unified portal
- Click on the link “Forgot Password”
- Punch in your UAN and the Captcha code and click “Verify”.
- Now the mobile number which was mapped to your UAN will be displayed. In case you want to modify the number, click “No”
- Another screen will appear and you will be asked to fill in your details such as name, birth date, sex, KYC document type and number. As soon as you are done entering these details, you can click “Verify” and proceed.
- You will now see another screen where you would be asked for KYC.
- After you are done with the verification, you will be asked for entering the latest mobile number and a PIN shall be sent on this number so that it could be verified.
- Changing the mobile number through UAN helpdesk is actually an old method but it can also be used. We know that there is an option of UAN helpdesk where we can find resolutions to the common issues related to the UAN. So you can use this to reset the mobile number:
- Go to the official website of EPF India and go to “Our Services”. Underneath, find “Employees” where all the services offered by the EPFO for employees are displayed. Find “UAN helpdesk” and click on it.
- It will then redirect you to a new screen where you will be able to see the Toll Free number of UAN – 1800 1180 05. (This will work perfectly if you use the Chrome Browser)
- You can now select “Click here to Register as Member” where you will now be redirected to a new screen. You would be then required to select issues that you are facing. So you can select “Forgot Password and Mobile No is Changed”.
- You would be now able to fill in all the details such as name, father’s/husband’s name, birth date, Member ID of PF, Mobile contact number and the issue that you are facing. After this you can “Generate OTP” which you would be receiving on your registered contact number. In case you get an error message, ignore it and go again.
- After thorough verification you can now submit the form and a reference number for it would get generated and sent to you on your registered mobile number.
- Other way to update your mobile number in the UAN database is through OTCP. Following are the steps for the process:
- Go to the “Online Transfer Claim Portal”
- You will be asked to submit the documents which you can select from the options given
- Punch in the document number of the ID Proof and also your mobile number and sign in.
- Edit the profile now and check the status of your UAN. You can now make the changes which are essential.
Check EPF claim status
The members can easily check their PF claim status online. This facility is brought to you by the Government of India in collaboration with the EPFO. The only two things required to check the claim status, the employee and the employer need the UAN Number and the Claim ID. This could be checked through Member Portal.
The process to check the PF claim status online is as under:
- Visit the official website of EPFO or use the link http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php
- You can check out the status of your claim on http://epfoservices.in/homepage_claim_status_new.php
- Select the state of your PF office and the name of Office
- Punch in the PF account number or the claim ID number.
The employers and the employees can check PF claim status as it will be shown along with the latest status of your PF balance on the Member service portal.
You can now check the EPFO claim status either through SMS alerts or the Android app. This facility is also offered by the EPFO to the members wherein they can use their contact numbers registered in UAN. All the members can view their balance of PF along with the claim status by sending an SMS or by giving a missed call. You can also make use of m-epf which is a mobile application and you can download it from the Google Play store. This App can also provide the passbook details of your EPF.
The members of the EPF can check their provident fund claim status through the member Portal also. They need to provide the Claim ID just like the process mentioned above. In case the members face issues regarding the same, they can get in touch with their respective PF office and get a clarification of their issues. And also in case they need further information on the same, it can be given at the PF office itself.
You can know your PF claim status in case your provident fund number is connected to your mobile number, you can make user of the SMS alerts to find out the withdrawals and transfer claims of your PF amount. The SMS will be initiated from the EPFO in case:
- The EPFO receives your claim request form
- The claim request is approved and the amount is being transferred to the corresponding bank account number.
PF withdrawal process
EPF can be withdrawn through either of the two modes mentioned below:
- Submitting an application through offline medium for withdrawal
- Submitting an online application
Both of these are explained as under:
1. Submitting an application through offline medium for withdrawal:
Submitting the physical application is very easy. For that the member needs to fill in the claim form. One can either download the claim forms or can get the same from the nearest PF office. To download PF withdrawal form, visit the official website of EPFO –
While on this link, click on Claim Form and the forms will open on the screen. These forms are to be filled and then submitted to the EPFO which your company is aligned to. In case the Aadhaar card has been linked, the verification of the employer is not required before making the submission and in case the Aadhaar is not linked, the verification from the employer is required and then submitted to the EPFO of the respective jurisdiction.
Also it is noteworthy, that in case an employee wants to make the partial withdrawal of his PF amount as per the circumstances mentioned above in the table, he/she no longer needs to submit the certificates that were required by the EPFO. The new option introduced by the EPFO for the members include self-verification or self-certification.
2. Submitting an online application
The process of making the online withdrawals has made the life easier for people. The entire process is very convenient and doesn’t even take much of time. The EPFO has made changes in the process for the online withdrawals. Therefore, in case a member applies for EPF withdrawal through the online medium or EPF Portal, the below mentioned conditions are to be met:
- The 12 digit Universal Account Number (UAN) is activated and the contact number which was used to activate the UAN is still operating.
- The Universal Account Number is KYC seeded and linked with the PAN, Aadhaar and Bank account details (inclusive if IFSC code and other branch details.)
In case the mentioned conditions are fulfilled, the verification from the past employer is not required for the withdrawal of PF money.
What is the procedure to request for online PF withdrawal?
The online PF withdrawal is a very simple process. If all the conditions are met, it only takes 5 steps to initiate the PF withdrawal. Mentioned below are the detailed steps:
- Visit the unified UAN portal or click the
https://unifiedportalmem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and login using your credentials – Log in ID and Password and also fill in the Captcha Code
- Click on Manage and choose KYC. This is done to make sure whether the KYC information is accurate and verified. The KYC information entered must be re-verified once to ensure that it is entered correct. KYC includes the Aadhaar card, PAN Card and the bank details of the member.
- If the KYC is verified and authenticated, click the Online Services link and choose “Claim” from the menu. In case the KYC is not verified, contact the HR department of your organization immediately.
- Once the member clicks on Claim, the details of the member will be displayed. These details include KYC and other employment details. Further, click on “Proceed for Online Claim” and you will now submit your claim.
- The last step includes selecting the claim that the member requires for example, complete PF settlement, or Partial withdrawal or withdrawal of pension. All these options would be available under the label – “I Want to apply for”. In case the member is not eligible for PF or pension withdrawal or pension withdrawal, as per the criteria of his service tenure, there will no option be shown in the dropdown menu.
How can one Track the PF withdrawal status
To track the PF withdrawal status, one must know the PF account number. The detailed process is as under:
- Select the EPF Office from the drop down list from where your PF claim would be settled
- The Region Code and the Office Code will now get automatically filled in the respective boxes.
- You would now need to enter your Establishment Code – which is 7 digit long – in the third box
- In case your Establishment Code also has an extension or a sub‐code, you are required to enter the same. It can be a letter or digit and of maximum 3 characters. If there is nothing mentioned, you can leave this field blank
- Fill in your PF account number – maximum 7 digits – and click on “submit” to get the PF withdrawal status
How To Transfer a PF account using UAN?
UAN was launched by the EPFO wherein all the provident fund numbers of an individual get linked under one 12 digit unique number called as UAN. A person who has the UAN can now initiate the online PF Transfer as it is very easy and convenient process and that too without the interference of the employer.
Follow the below mentioned steps to transfer the PF with the help of UAN:
Step 1: Visit the members’ portal of EPF using your credentials such as UAN as login and the password generated. The link for the same is
Please note that in case you are unsure about the password or don’t remember it, you can click on ‘Forgot Password’ and reset the same with the help of your registered contact number.
Step 2: Once you land on the homepage, go to menu named “Online Services” and find “Transfer Request” so that you can continue with the application to transfer the claim online.
Step 3: On the “Transfer Request” page you will be able to see your personal details which includes your PF Number, your UAN, and date of joining along with the Provident Fund number, Aadhaar card number and date of birth. Ensure that all the details entered there are correct including the Aadhaar number. If all these details match each other only then the application of transfer claim could be processed online.
Please Note that in case there is a mismatch in your details, you can use either of the two ways to have the PF transferred. If you are not able to transfer the PF online, you can seek the help of your current employer to have the details corrected. The other way is to do it manually with the help of Form 13. Enter all the details in this form and submit. You can get the form from the link –
Step 4 – In this step, you are required to punch in the details of your past PF account or even the UAN. Then you can select through which company – your past company or present company – your form for transfer claim could be attested online.
Step 5: Once all the details are filled, you can click and “Get OTP” and then enter the OTP that you just received on your authorized contact number and hit “Submit”
Step 6: Now the employer, whether past or current, as selected by you, will get a notification pertaining to your application of online EPF transfer. After making the required changes, in case any of these are required, the employer will push the application to the EPFO with the help of Online medium. The claim application will thus be processed through EPFO. And your PF account will also get transferred.
How to check the status of PF Transfer
Though as per the process, the PF transfer takes between 25-30 days but if you want you can now track the PF Transfer status of your claim as well. In case you have applied through the online medium, you can track status on the website of EPFO.
- Go to the official webpage of EPFO http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php
And find “Know your Claim Status” under “Our Services” and then “For Employee” and then “Services” and then “Know your Claim Status”. On this page, you would be able to find the current status of your PF Transfer request
- Alternatively, you can check the status at member portal also –
Wherein you would select the state of your PF office and the name of Office and Punch in the PF account number or the claim ID number.
- The other method to check PF transfer claim status is to log on the online transfer claim portal (OTCP) wherein you can easily check the transfer status of your PF.
- In case of physical application, you need to wait till the application reaches the regional PF Office. Once it reaches, you can easily track the status of your application.
- You can check your EPF status through the mobile app – m-epf or UMANG App. Download it from Google Playstore and you would be able to check your claim status as well your EPF Passbook.
- These days, you get SMS alerts and notifications of your application status so you need to check with your employer or the UAN or EPFO Helpdesk to provide you with the support to get regular updates on that.
- The best way is to do the entire processing through UAN.
- In case you are not satisfied with either of the solutions above, then you can register a complaint on the EPF Helpdesk
- In case if that is also not helpful enough, as a last resort you can always file a RTI – Right to Information – to get the status on your application of PF Transfer.
The members of the Unified portal of UAN are entitled to a number of facilities. As the PF is very necessary and a saving mandatory made by the government, it is essential to manage the same efficiently. In the UAN passbook, all the transactions related to the PF withdrawal, deposit or transfer are displayed. UAN passbook, thus, is a very crucial thing for the EPF members. Members can now download the UAN Member passbook through the UAN portal or on the EPFO website.
Necessary information required to download the UAN passbook
- Activated UAN Number.
- Registration on the UAN Portal as it is mandatory.
Download UAN Passbook with UAN password
There are two methods to download the UAN Member passbook. Both of them are mentioned under:
- The Direct link to download the UAN Login passbook from UAN member portal with UAN & password is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in.
- Log in with your UAN & Password.
- Go to the Menu bar and click on view, click on passbook, and then download your UAN Card. You can change the password also in the account settings if you wish.
- Choose the Dates to check the EPF Statement and it will display like the Monthly passbook or the Bank statement.
- The direct link to download the passbook from EPFO India Passbook portal is epfindia.gov.in
- Go to “Our Services”
- Click on “Employees”
- Click on “Member Passbook”
- You would then be redirected to https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
- Fill in your UAN and password to Log in
- You will then be able to view your passbook.
You may save the same on your system or print the same for future reference.
How to download the UAN passbook?
As per the process mentioned above it can hence be very clearly said that it is very easy to download the EPF passbook from the unified UAN portal. The UAN member portal download passbook is possible in case of an activated UAN. The process to download the same is mentioned below:
- The member needs to visit the UAN portal to check the PF details.
- In case he is the first time user, he needs to activate the UAN, if not done yet.
- To activate the UAN, he has furnish his UAN number and registered mobile number.
- After this he has to set the password for the portal for the verification purpose.
- Now the member needs to login to the UAN portal with the UAN and password as set in the previous step.
- Enter the Unified Portal dashboard.
- On this page, three options would display – 1. UAN passbook, 2. UAN CARD, Account Settings.
- Click on the UAN Passbook login is to see the passbook. As soon as the member clicks on it, the option to download or view the passbook pops up.
- Click on the Download option of the menu and UAN passbook can be downloaded and you can keep this UAN passbook download for future reference.
EPFO Employer Login
The EPFO employer login is different and is mentioned below. The employer is able to register the establishment, can help the employees with creation and allocation of UAN number, and so on.
The benefits for an employer login are as under:
- Online Registration of Establishment
- Online ECR/Challan Submission
- Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
Forms for PF transfer and withdrawal
You can now find the forms of withdrawal, PF transfer or partial withdrawal on the link below –
- For withdrawal of PF money – Form 19, Form 10 C and Form 10 D
- For transfer of PF money – Form 13,
- For partial withdrawal of PF Money – Form 31.
The amount of contribution made by both of these parties is similar. It is 12% contribution from the employee and 12% from the employer but this 12% of the employer is split up into two parts – 8.33% of this 12% goes to Pension fund while the remaining 3.67% goes to the PF. This 12% is basically a part of basic salary and the dearness allowance if any.
UAN Login UAN Member portal Login unified uan portal login - UAN EPFO India
UAN Login EPFO Member portal Login unified UAN portal login - UAN EPFO India
EPFO Login: UAN Login portal Now UAN Member can check their epf balance and download UAN Passbook online at epfo UAN portal check balance with uan number.